Paid Summer 2017 Opportunities for Cal Teach interns
Cal Teach is offering paid summer teaching and summer lab internships!
- Teaching internships are of various lengths (1-7 weeks) and at various locations in Santa Cruz and the broader region. !!CAL TEACH will work with our interns and partners to set up internships that are a good fit with the professional development needs of our prospective teachers. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A PARTICULAR SITE OR TIMEFRAME FOR A TEACHING INTERNSHIP THIS SUMMER, CONTACT GRETCHEN ASAP!
- Lab internships (~6-8 weeks) are based at UCSC and require participation in a summer course at UC Berkeley (~8 weeks, Wednesday afternoons, June 21-August 9, plus required poster presentation in Berkeley August10). Details are still to be determined. If interested, contact Gretchen ASAP!
- All internships are intended to support the professional development of prospective K-12 science and math teachers.
- All interns will be mentored by a host teacher or professor at the internship location.
- Stipend amount will depend on amount of time spent in internship activities; stipends range from $450 for the one-week intensive internship to $2,000 or more for extended internships.
- Housing and transportation are NOT provided (except for full transportation and some housing support for the Cal Teach Intensive Internship in September) – you must be able to travel to the internship site reliably.
|Duration/ Start date||Location||Program name||Subjects interns will teach||Target students|
1 7-day week/
|Graniterock Headquarters, Watsonville||Bruce Woolpert Algebra Academy||math||Rising 8th graders|
|~5 weeks/July 13||Harbor High School, Santa Cruz||Santa Cruz City Schools Summer Math||math||Middle school students, entering high school students, continuing high school students|
|7 weeks/ June 27||San José City College, San José||Caminos Summer Bridge Program||math||Entering community college students|
|1 week/ September 17||Middle and high schools in East San Jose, Gonzales, and other locatons||Cal Teach Intensive Internship||math or science||Middle and high school students|
|To be determined|
|Gonzales High School, Gonzales||Gonzales Unified School District Summer School||math||Remedial high school math students|
TO APPLY FOR 2017 CAL TEACH TEACHING INTERNSHIPS:
Interested students, including graduates, may apply by emailing Gretchen Andreasen (firstname.lastname@example.org). with a subject line: APPLICATION FOR SUMMER TEACHING INTERNSHIP AT XXXXX. Your email should include brief statements (1-4 sentences for each question) explaining:
1) your availability for the dates of the program;
2) any teaching experience you have;
3) your current career goals;
4) what you think you will learn by participating in this opportunity; and
5) what you have to offer the program.
We will refer to your Cal Teach record and UCSC transcripts in evaluating your application. Interviews may be held at UCSC or the internship site.