Early Career Teacher Support
Financial support for former Cal Teach interns who are early career teachers is made possible by contributions to the Edward and Miriam Landesman Fund, a gift from Stephen Bruce, and by a grant from the National Science Foundation.
With prior approval from Cal Teach (see Request Form) and an original receipt, Cal Teach typically provides reimbursement for:
- classroom materials (things like math manipulatives, calculators, projectors, mini white boards; not consumables, like paper);
- participation in formal professional development (registration for professional meetings like those sponsored by the California Mathematics Council, California Science Teachers Association);
- on-site mentoring by a senior colleague at your school;
- the cost of a substitute teacher to free the Cal Teach grad to attend a professional meeting or observe a colleague teaching;
- other support as proposed by a Cal Teach grad.
The Cal Teach contribution may be on the order of $50 - $500, depending on available funds. For larger expenses, consider other sources of funds to make up the amount over what Cal Teach can cover.